Check out featured diversity, equity, and inclusion related stories in the news:
- GSU Faculty Spotlight: Why Defunding Police, Upping Social Budgets Alone Won't Work
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies faculty members Dr. Thaddeus Johnson and Dr. Natasha Johnson urge Americans to reconceptualize the role of policing and provide recommendations for police reform in this opinion piece for USA Today.
- Emmy Nominated Billy Porter on Being a Black Queer Man
- In this interview, award winning actor Billy Porter recounts challenges and triumphs within his career as a gay Black male actor and changed attitudes toward LGBTQIA representation within Hollywood.
- 7 Tips for Troops Transitioning to Civilian World from a Former Navy Officer and Career Coach
- Career coach and former Navy officer, Tim Wolfe, offers key preparation tips to military personnel either in the process of transitioning to civilian life or soon looking forward to that life change.
- LEAD1 Association Working Group to Examine Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Issues
- The LEAD1 Association appointed a working group to examine issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in college sports. Amongst working group members is GSU's Senior Associate Athletic Director/Senior Woman Administrator and Chief Diversity Officer, Kelcey Roegiers.
- Race and Identity at the Forefront of Entries for NPRs Student Podcast Challenge
- Adults often find it really hard to talk about race. But kids? Maybe not so much. NPR received more than 2,000 entries in this year's Student Podcast Challenge, and heard from young people all over the country about how they're thinking about race and identity in these trying times.