Check out featured diversity, equity, and inclusion related stories in the news:
- UPS Announces New Policy Allowing Employees to Wear Natural Black Hairstyles
- On Tuesday, November 10 UPS internally announced a new company policy that will allow employees to wear beards and natural Black hairstyles. Read this story to learn about this progressive policy and other companies who have also followed suit.
- Diabetes: Exploring racial inequities
The National Diabetes Statistics Report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this year reveals stark racial disparities in the prevalence and incidence of diabetes across the United States. This article explores the data and the significant concerns about health equity that they raise.
- DEI Book Recommendations
Looking for more book recommendations to gain insight into the experiences of people holding diverse identities? From disability, to gender, to race, to nationalism, to mental health - this resource gives a comprehensive and intersectional reading list to quench your diversity, equity, and inclusion thirst.
- The Unequal Opportunity Race
- How would you describe the impacts of structural racism for marginalized communities? This 5-minute short film demonstrates metaphors for obstacles to equality which affirmative action tries to alleviate.
- Native American Heritage Month
This website pays homage to Native American history and highlights free upcoming events to learn more about their rich heritage.