Check out featured diversity, equity, and inclusion related stories in the news:
- New Anti-Racism Project Hopes to Push Soccer Past Gestures
- Black players, joining with the charity Common Goal and backed by teams in North America, say they hope to reinvigorate the campaign against racism in the game.
- VA Secretary Orders Review of Policies to Root out Barriers for LGBTQ Veterans
- The Department of Veterans Affairs will review its policies and determine how to make the agency a more welcoming and inclusive place for LGBTQ veterans and employees.
- Free Google Classes for Women Entrepreneurs: All Dates Here
- The trainings, which will be broadcast live and free of charge on YouTube, aim to help women in processes such as finding a better job, advancing their careers and growing their businesses.
- Gov. J.B. Pritzker Signs Sweeping Illinois Criminal Justice Overhaul, Which Will End Cash Bail Starting in 2023
Illinois is set to become the first state to abolish cash bail under a sweeping criminal justice overhaul Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed into law Monday, February 22. The massive bill, praised by reform advocates and panned by many in law enforcement, will end cash bail beginning in 2023, require police officers statewide to wear body cameras by 2025, eliminate requirements for signing sworn affidavits when filing complaints against officers, and create a more robust statewide system for tracking police misconduct and decertifying officers who commit wrongdoing, among a host of other changes.
- Already hit hard by pandemic, Black and Hispanic Communities Suffer the Blows of an Unforgiving Winter Storm
- Texans of color, disproportionately devastated by death and unemployment during the last year, tend to live in neighborhoods with older homes, more vulnerable pipes and fewer food options. That's made it harder to withstand the cold temperatures and power outages.