Check out featured diversity, equity, and inclusion related stories in the news:
- Trans Week at GSU 2021 Events Page
Georgia State University's 5th Annual Trans Week begins Monday, March 29. 'Trans Week' aims to 1) bring awareness and visibility of trans issues to the larger Georgia State community, 2) challenge normative ideas about gender and sexuality, 3) be educational for trans people, as well as our allies, and 4) foster community and coalition building among various student activists promoting social justice on campus. 'Trans Week' challenges notions of what it means to embody masculinity, femininity, and other gender expressions and identities.
- Key Players in Trial of Ex- Officer Charged in Floyd's Death
- Opening statements are set for Monday, March 29 in the trial of a former Minneapolis police officer charged with murder and manslaughter in George Floyd’s death. Derek Chauvin’s trial is expected to last about four weeks and it will be streamed online. Read this article to read more about the trial. Watch Court TV’s Live Coverage of MN v. Derek Chauvin here.
- Opening Arguments Underway in Derek Chauvin’s Trial
- This article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) reports opening arguments in the trial of Derek Chauvin, a former Minneapolis police officer who is charged in George Floyd’s death.
- Michelle Obama Honors Stacey Abrams with NAACP Social Justice Impact Award
- 'Is this Patriot Enough?': Asian-American Veteran Shows Battle Scars
- An Asian-American ex-soldier who lifted his shirt and showed his scars to prove his "patriotism" in a town hall meeting has gone viral on social media.