Check out featured diversity, equity, and inclusion related stories in the news:
- 5 things you should know about Ramadan, Islam’s holy month of fasting
Muslims around the globe are observing the holy month of Ramadan, which begins for most on either around Monday, April 12 or Tuesday, April 13. Throughout the holiday, observers fast from sunrise to sunset and partake in nightly feasts. This article offers five things to know about Islam’s sacred month.
- National Poetry Month 2021: 5 Latinx Poets Who Build Community Through Art
- Latinx identity is an incredible blend of movements, cultures, and language. It is also an identity that continues to face considerable challenges, including inhumane migration policies, and inaction by Congress, which continually threatens to defer the American Dream for the undocumented Latinx community.
- Another Black man has died at the hands of police': Outrage builds over shooting of Daunte Wright in Minnesota traffic stop
The police officer who fatally shot a 20-year-old Black man during a traffic stop may have intended to fire a Taser, the city's police chief said Monday.The department released dramatic bodycam footage of the incident, which has rocked the Minneapolis suburb miles from where George Floyd was killed during a police arrest last May.
- Beyond Policies And Practices: For DEI Success, Focus On People
- Equity and inclusion problems are nuanced and require comprehensive solutions. Erika Cospy, MBA, Senior Director at Grads of Life reflects on a critical component for successful DEI efforts that companies often overlook.
- Disability EmpowHer Network's Pen Pal Program Is Reminding Disabled Girls of Their Power
The Disability EmpowHer Network’s Letters from a Role Model program is working to connect disabled girls with successful adult counterparts to give young girls the example of a thriving disabled adult that others never received.