Georgia State students, faculty and staff: join the university community and student panelists as the Diversity Dialogues Series continues online Tuesday, Nov. 16 with a conversation exploring student leadership and diversity efforts at the university.
The event will be livestreamed from noon to 1:30 p.m. To register, select this link to go to the registration form on the Georgia State Diversity, Equity and Inclusion website. (You will need your @student.gsu.edu or @gsu.edu email address to register.)
This discussion will bring various student leaders together, along with the Vice President for Student Engagement to explore successes and challenges within Georgia State’s diverse student community. Through the event, undergraduate and graduate students will engage and learn about resources and opportunities that support diverse students and their journey at the university.
Scheduled participants include:
- Brianna Bailey, Senior and President, Student Government Association
- Petar Ivan Ivusic-Araya, Senior, Administrative Officer, Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
- Sing Hui Lee, Doctoral Student and Student Justice, Student Judicial Board
- Ira Livnat, Law/Honors College student and Speaker of the Atlanta Senate, Student Government Association
- Dr. Michael Sanseviro, Vice President for Student Engagement
- Dr. Curtis Byrd, Special Advisor to the Provost for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
If you missed the kickoff event for the semester on Sept. 22 featuring President M. Brian Blake and university administration, or the second dialogue on Georgia State and its LGBTQ+ community on Oct. 21, a recording is available by selecting this link, where you can also learn more about the inaugural 2020-21 series.
The Diversity Dialogues series began last academic year as part of the action plan for the recommendations of the Task Force for Racial Equality, bringing together the university community to discuss ways to address racism and inequality. The series this fall continues to address these issues as well as diversity across multiple groups - and intersections between identities.
For more about diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at Georgia State, visit https://dei.gsu.edu/.
- Jeremy Craig, Communications Manager, Office of the Provost