Congratulations to the winners of the 2022 Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Awards!
You can learn more about the award winners by visiting https://dei.gsu.edu/jedi-winners/. This year’s award winners by category include:
- Department/Unit: Center for the Advancement of Students and Alumni (CASA)
- Undergraduate Student: Bailey Hatchett, finance major (graduated May 2022)
- Graduate/Professional Student: Yasmina Al-Aboudy, master’s in Criminal Justice
- Staff: Ashley Salmon, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Research Associate, Center for Leadership in Disability
- Faculty: Carlos A.O. Pavão, Clinical Associate Professor, Health Policy & Behavioral Sciences, and Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, School of Public Health
The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Awards acknowledge the exceptional commitment exhibited by individuals and academic units/departments who successfully promote social justice and equity, increase access and participation, and work towards inclusive excellence.
The concepts of the JEDI acronym include:
Justice: Creating a campus free from barriers, intentionally shaped to meet the needs of all members;
Equity: Ensuring that all members have access and representation;
Diversity: Embracing differences in people and perspectives;
Inclusion: Fostering a sense of belonging
The award is sponsored by Deluxe Corporation and the Office of the Provost. Award winners will be honored during the Sept. 29 Celebrating Faculty Excellence event at Center Parc Stadium.