The mission is to contribute to and support a welcoming and inclusive university community for sexual and gender minority faculty and staff through community building, education, mentorship, and advocacy.
Coordinator & Communications Officer
Librarian Associate Professor, Library Research & Engagement
Librarian Assistant Professor, Library Research & Engagement
- Georgia State University’s Multicultural Center creates programs and events around identity, building community, as well as social issues and contemporary concerns. Their programming and events celebrate differences within identities and groups while highlighting commonalities to increase community engagement.
- Georgia State University’s Gender and Sexuality Resource Center focuses on providing services, resources, and intentional support for students identifying as or connecting to the LGBTQIQA and varying gender identity community.
- The Institute for Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) offers cutting-edge academic programs focusing on gender, sexuality studies, Black feminist thought, globalization, and social change.
- TRANScending Barriers is a trans-led grassroots 501c3 non-profit that serves the transgender and gender non-conforming community in Georgia. Their mission is to empower transgender and gender non-conforming community in Georgia through community organizing with leadership building, advocacy, and direct services.
- Lost-n-Found Youth is a 501c3 that works with communities to end homelessness for LGBTQ youth by providing food, shelter, and life stabilization services. They offer volunteer opportunities, free HIV testing, and a community thrift store where all proceeds go back to the organization.
- Charis Books and More is one of the oldest feminist bookstores in the country. Their mission is to foster sustainable feminist and LGBTQIQA communities, works for social justice, and encourage the expression of diverse and marginal voices. They host a variety of weekly community events, have multiple books clubs, and host conversations with national and regional authors.
- The City of Atlanta LGBTQ Resource Page is a hub for LGBTQIQA identifying people and allies. It includes a comprehensive resource list touching every part of the Atlanta LGBTQIQA community needs and culture. Additionally, there is a contact list of LGBTQIQA liaisons within the City of Atlanta that can be contacted.