Join Us for Diversity Dialogue 1 of 2022-23:
The Georgia State Community and DEI Efforts
Join Georgia State for the first Diversity Dialogue of the 2022-23 academic year on Wednesday, Sept. 21, from 12 to 1 p.m., with a panel discussion about the university community and diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at the institution.
The event will be livestreamed for Georgia State students, faculty and staff. While registration has closed, links to view the event on the Diversity Dialogues SharePoint portals are located below under the line marked "REGISTRATION FORM." You will need your campus ID and password to view.
This discussion will include members of the Georgia State Diversity Council to discuss plans and initiatives for the upcoming year. The council is a group of leaders in academic, student success, and administrative units, and they will provide their vision for diversity, equity and inclusion in their respective units.
Scheduled participants (with additional participants to come) include:
- Karen Wheel Carter, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives, Perimeter College
- Mark Crenshaw, Assistant Director, Center for Leadership in Disability
- Kelcey Roegiers, Sr. Associate Athletic Director & Chief Diversity Officer, Athletics
- Anthony Davis, Associate Vice President for Student Engagement and Dean of Students
- Carlos Pavão, Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Clinical Associate Professor, School of Public Health
- Marian Higgins, Associate Dean for Culture, Equity and Inclusion, Robinson College of Business
- Curtis Byrd, Senior Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Office of Faculty Affairs
The Diversity Dialogues series began during the 2020-21 academic year as part of the action plan for the recommendations of the Task Force for Racial Equality, bringing together the university community to discuss ways to address racism and inequality.
The series this year continues to address these issues as well as diversity across multiple groups - and intersections between identities.
To view recordings of events from the previous two academic years, visit https://dei.gsu.edu/diversity-dialogues/.
Livestream Access for Wednesday, Sept. 21
Registrations have closed but you can still view the livestream through the Georgia State Diversity Dialogues portals on SharePoint. You will need your GSU campus ID and password to log in.
- Faculty/Staff Access: https://mygsu.sharepoint.com/teams/DiversityDialogues
- Students: https://studentgsu.sharepoint.com/sites/DiversityDialogues
A recording of this event will be available by Friday, Sept. 23, if not earlier.