Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Newsletters
About the Newsletter
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Georgia State newsletter serves to highlight news, events, programs, resources and opportunities from around the university related to DEI topics. It is published on a quarterly basis by the ad hoc team administering the DEI website through the Office of the Provost in collaboration with other departments and units at the institution. It began in November 2021.
Want Your Item Considered for the Next Edition?
Do you have an item you would like to have published in the next DEI newsletter? Here are our deadlines and publication dates for 2021-22 (all subject to change as conditions/needs warrant). Please consider these dates when submitting your events or deadlines for proposals/applications for scholarships, fellowships, etc.:
- The deadline for the November 2021 DEI Newsletter is October 19, 2021.
- The November 2021 edition is scheduled for publication (subject to change) on November 2, 2021.
- The deadline for the January 2022 DEI Newsletter is December 14, 2021.
- The January 2022 edition is scheduled for publication (subject to change) on January 11, 2022.
This is the final DEI newsletter for AY 2021-22, subject to change.
- The deadline for the March 2022 DEI Newsletter is March 8, 2022.
- The March 2022 edition is scheduled for publication (subject to change) on March 22, 2022.
- For AY 2022-23, publication will resume September 2022.
How to Submit
The DEI communications team will consider items on a case by case basis. Due to space limitations, not all items can be published in the e-newsletter, but some can be considered for publication in the DEI website news feed (which appears on the front page; full news page link here).
To submit items for consideration, please click here to email the communications team.
Georgia State Students, Faculty & Staff: By default, all students, faculty and staff are subscribed to the DEI newsletter. To opt out of receiving it, use the options available for subscription preferences at the bottom of the email. Unsubscribing from the DEI newsletter means that you will receive no further emails from the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team at Georgia State, including emails about the Diversity Dialogues, special observance months, and other individual events at the university level. To opt back in, click here to contact us.
Guests, Visitors, Community & Alumni: If you do not have an active gsu.edu or student.gsu.edu email address, you can subscribe as a friend of the university. Please email us to get on the list.