On June 17, 2020, University System of Georgia Board of Regents Chairman Sachin Shailendra and Chancellor Steve Wrigley asked an advisory group to review and study the names of buildings and colleges on system campuses and report to the Board on any recommended changes. The Naming Advisory Group's final report was completed in 2021. Georgia State community members, as well as those of the communities of all 26 public colleges and universities in the state, provided input as the group began its work.
Members of the group included:
• President Marion Fedrick, Albany State University; Group Chairwoman
• Michael Patrick, Marketing and Strategic Growth, Chick-fil-A
• The Honorable Herbert Phipps, Retired, Georgia Court of Appeals
• Neal J. Quirk, attorney; Executive Vice-Chairman, University of Georgia Foundation
• Dr. Sally Wallace, Dean, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University
Download the report using the blue button below.
The BOR statement about the report and further information about the group is available from the USG website at https://www.usg.edu/naming_advisory_group.